Object.defineProperties (seemingly) requires transactional behaviour

Jeff Walden jwalden+es at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 21 18:50:40 PDT 2009

I too am no fan of an atomic Object.defineProperties, both for its considerable complexity and for an argument from why-would-you-need-it (build up the entire thing and harden it as much as desired before handing it out, don't expect later updates to actually provide meaningful guarantees of integrity, and don't expect programmers to be capable of relying on such half-guarantees to their promised limits and no further).  I have not brought it up here, perhaps cynically, because I have had no expectation that this aspect of the specification would be changed at this late date (or even several months ago when I first noticed the issue).

Jeff