Initial ES5 conformance test suite now on Codeplex

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 29 13:27:49 PDT 2009

All the issues discussed at the last TC39 about the Microsoft conformance test suite have now been resolved and the project is now publically at  http://es5conform.codeplex.com/

The project is set up as a community project (no Microsoft exclusive project control and no Microsoft imposed contributor agreement) with a simple BSD license requirement.

 In addition, I've significantly reworked the test harness so it now works properly under IE,FF, Safari, Chrome, and Opera. I've also restructured the individual test files in a manner that I think will make it easier to integrate them into other testing frameworks.

This is just a start at a complete ES5 conformance suite.  The currently available tests primarily focus on new or changed features of ES5 and in some of these areas the coverage is still spotty. In addition most of the features that carry forward unchanged from ES3 don't yet have any tests.  To fill this out into a full coverage conformance suite is going to take a community effort, so please participate.  Just let me know if you want to join the effort.

Thanks,

Allen