Another de-facto insecurity we need to fix in ES5

Mike Shaver mike.shaver at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 21:43:38 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Mark S. Miller<erights at google.com> wrote:
> I sincerely applaud this bold stance. If Mozilla proceeds in this manner
> successfully, then the present issue becomes a non-concern; as probably do
> several more we haven't stumbled across yet. Please let us know what we can
> do to help you succeed on this quest. Really. And thanks again!

I suspect that it would be _very_ helpful to have access to data from
Google's shadow copy of the web on where __proto__ appears in web JS.
As Maciej points out, the comp.lang.javascript search doesn't really
help us see how much breakage we would see in the web -- we know there
are certain patterns that would break (that's sort of the point!), but
understanding more about the "live" ones would be a big help.

Mike