Last call for consensus on format-control char. issues

John Cowan cowan at
Wed Jun 17 13:32:48 PDT 2009

Allen Wirfs-Brock scripsit:

> David-Sarah, in his proposal also removed <ZWSP> from Whitespace where
> it occurs in the current draft.  It is still there in my "simple"
> proposal. Does anybody else going to argue that <ZWSP> should or should
> not be treated as whitespace?

It is a format character, and should not be whitespace, for the same reason
as BOM: it does not render using white space.

Yes, chili in the eye is bad, but so is your    John Cowan
ear.  However, I would suggest you wash your    cowan at
hands thoroughly before going to the toilet.