Last call for consensus on format-control char. issues

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at
Wed Jun 17 11:09:52 PDT 2009

Not that I know of.  I'm simply going by earlier discussions on this list and meetings and the following from :

"...However, visible distinctions created by certain format characters (particularly the Join_Control characters) are necessary and make necessary distinctions in certain languages. A blanket exclusion of these characters makes it impossible to create identifiers based on certain words or phrases in those languages..."