Hopefully last word on Use Strict Directive syntax

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Tue Jun 9 11:34:51 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 10:45 AM, David-Sarah Hopwood <
david-sarah at jacaranda.org> wrote:

> Douglas Crockford wrote:
> > A programmer of your talent should not be attempting to corrupt a
> > standard over such a trivial objection.
>
> It's not "corrupting the standard"; the alternative I suggested was
> equally reasonable.

I agree that it at least as reasonable. I argued for it in committee, but
finally agreed to the explained change. Whichever is more reasonable, I
prefer to live with the new agreement rather than yet again reopen this
issue at this late date. Sorry.

--
   Cheers,
   --MarkM