JSON parser grammar

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Jun 8 13:42:16 PDT 2009

Mark Miller scripsit:

> > Was there any consensus that at least some of these code points
> > should be escapeded?  If show which if not all?
>
> I think it is important that 0x2028 and 0x2029 be escaped. I have no
> opinion about the others.

My opinion is that the list should be inclusive.  Escaping rarely used
characters like these doesn't cost much bandwidth, the list is short
enough to be only a trivial storage cost, and over-escaping can't possibly
be harmful to any receiver.

--
John Cowan    cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Half the lies they tell about me are true.