License text for ES5 conformance test suite

Jim Blandy jimb at mozilla.com
Mon Jun 8 11:00:57 PDT 2009

I was looking over the conformance test suite posted to the wiki ("27
May 2009 Initial Microsoft Version"), and noticed that license.html
says, after the New BSD license:

"/Alternatively the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
the Microsoft Public License./"

In other words, it refers to license.html itself.  I think that was
intended to read:

"/Alternatively //the individual files of this project// may be used
under the terms of the Microsoft Public License./"

Also, the license text at the head of each of the test suite files reads:

/// The contents of this file are subject to the terms of the New BSD
License.
/// You may obtain a copy of the License at
http://es5conformm.codeplex.com/license
///
/// Alternatively the contents of this file may be used under the terms
of the Microsoft Public License.
/// You may obtain a copy of the License at
http://www.microsoft.com/opensource/licenses.mspx#Ms-PL

Is it kosher to refer people to a URL (that could change or be
abandoned) for the text of a license?  As the test suite has
license.html in the top directory, it seems to me it would be better to
refer people to the copy included in the tree.

//