Pseudo-JSON with unquoted property names

Robert Sayre sayrer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 19:22:47 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM, John Cowan<cowan at ccil.org> wrote:
> Robert Sayre scripsit:

>> > Which functionality, the parser or the generator?
>>
>> The parser.
>
> I'm not following you.  If parser A accepts an extension, how does that
> break parser B?

In the sense that they are both supposed to parse "JSON", and people
are already confused about whether JSON includes object literals.

I mean, I guess you could keep extending the definition to include all
of XML, say, but that would be obnoxious. Why not call it something
else?

Also, this change would require changing the sniffing algorithm given
in section 3 of the JSON RFC.

--

Robert Sayre