Pseudo-JSON with unquoted property names

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Jun 5 17:11:21 PDT 2009

David-Sarah Hopwood scripsit:

> (Note that this is somewhat different from Postel's "be liberal in
> what you accept" rule, because it is specifying *precisely* what must
> be accepted, and requiring everything else to be explicitly rejected.

That was, indeed, the original force of Postel's Law.

> I do not accept the validity or wisdom of Postel's liberality rule
> when it is applied to unspecified inputs.)

It never meant that except in the minds of demented HTML parser authors,
including me.  :-)

--
As we all know, civil libertarians are not      John Cowan
the friskiest group around --comes from        cowan at ccil.org
forever being on the qui vive for the sound     http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
of jack-booted fascism coming down the pike.           --Molly Ivins