Resuming execution contexts

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Mar 16 09:52:20 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am trying to understand how the resuming of execution contexts work.
For instance, step 9 of
https://tc39.es/ecma262/2021/#sec-generatorresume says "Resume the
suspended evaluation of genContext using NormalCompletion(value) as the
result of the operation that suspended it." I can see that the code to
run would be the one created by step 4 of
https://tc39.es/ecma262/2021/#sec-generatorstart, but I do not
understand what the "using NormalCompletion(value) as the result of the
operation that suspended it" means, as this code does not seem to take
an argument.

Please let me know if this is not the right forum to ask such questions.
And thanks a lot for any help you may provide.

Best,

Alan