Are ES6 modules in browsers going to get loaded level-by-level?

Randy Buchholz work at randybuchholz.com
Sat Oct 24 21:47:30 UTC 2020

>We could wirte a simpler parser just for the imports subset

IMHO code on client and server isn't the root problem. I've written a few versions and the biggest issue I had was how to distinguish an `import` request/fetch from any other. There is nothing in the request metadata to let you know it's an import. I've suggested adding an `import` group to the headers spec or `import` to the list of `sec-fetch-dest` approved header values.