Are ES6 modules in browsers going to get loaded level-by-level?

#!/JoePea joe at trusktr.io
Mon Oct 12 19:58:50 UTC 2020

I'm asking about a server that, upon request of a `.js` file, knows
how to enumerate the dependency tree based on that file, _then_ HTTP
pushes all the modules at once.

So basically, from the code

```html
<script type=module src="./path/to/module.js">
```

the client knows it should request `./path/to/module.js`, but it does
not know what modules that `./path/to/module.js` will want to import
because the source code has not yet arrived.

So what I am imagining is the server receives the request for
`./path/to/module.js`, _and_ it enumerates the dependencies of
`./path/to/module.js` and also pushes those.

If I understand HTTP/2 correctly, this requires more than a server
that simply has HTTP push, it requires a server that understands how
to read ES modules and enumerate their dependencies.

So what I wondering is if there are any servers that do that.

#!/JoePea