Allow for async/await to use global.Promise and not builtin Promise

medikoo medikoo+mozilla.org at medikoo.com
Wed May 6 06:37:42 UTC 2020

Jordan Harband wrote
> Anything "more efficient" would likely not be spec compliant

Promises (also those specified in ES) are quite opinionated, and I believe
we should have right to practice our own opinions in our own apps.

On these grounds thenable objects (so not necessarily promise instances) are
supported, and work seamlessly in promise chains.

Unfortunately async/await breaks that support, it'll be great if we can
recover from that.

--
Sent from: http://mozilla.6506.n7.nabble.com/Mozilla-ECMAScript-4-discussion-f89340.html