[Proposal] Allow rest parameter on try... catch

Michaël Rouges michael.rouges at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:13:42 UTC 2020

 Yeah, `Promise.allSettled` is better than `Promise.all()` for that... but,
perhaps, it can be useful to improve it to provide a way to enforce the
fulfillment OR to catch only the errors if any, but the real idea is to
have a way to handle the errors, using a `try... catch(...errors)` or a
`promise.catch(...errors)`, without any tricks.

Something like this:

`
Promise.allSettled(promises, true) // true enforces the fulfillment
  .then(([...results]) :=> {}) // no errors
  .catch((...errors) => {}) // errors only
`

In addition, I don't think about an array of errors but really a rest
parameter to be able to get the first error, as actually, or all of them to
avoid any problems when the catch handler doesn't know if the fulfillment
is enforced or not.

Michaël Rouges - https://github.com/Lcfvs - @Lcfvs