Why globalThis instead of something intuitive like globalObject, systemGlobal, or globalEntity?

#!/JoePea joe at trusktr.io
Mon Oct 7 05:29:11 UTC 2019

I never knew any of all that stuff you have all mentioned, and as an
end user, I don't think I would ever need to know. To me, I use
`window` as a global object, and it has never been more than that.

I've never written any sort of code that can prove or verify any of
what you all are talking about. Mind showing code samples?

If a sample of code isn't possible, or if to the end user there's
really just some single global object as far as their code is
concerned, then "global object" is in fact a good name. That's why I'd
like to see how what has been said actually manifests itself in
end-user code.