Why globalThis instead of something intuitive like globalObject, systemGlobal, or globalEntity?

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at mit.edu
Sun Oct 6 20:43:09 UTC 2019

On 10/6/19 2:58 PM, Raul-Sebastian Mihăilă wrote:
> Also let's not forget that the WindowProxy behavior contradicts the JS
> object model in that the non-configurable 'something' own property of
> the window proxy is removed.

There is a proposal for addressing that.  Firefox has been shipping it
in Nightly for a while, but we have seen zero interest from any other
browsers for addressing that issue...

See https://github.com/tc39/ecma262/pull/688#issuecomment-430648819 and
following comments for the details of the proposal.

-Boris