Optional Curly Braces in JavaScript

Sanford Whiteman swhitemanlistens-software at figureone.com
Sun Nov 3 21:23:32 UTC 2019

> People are more inclined to go for readable and less verbose
> languages

You keep saying that's *the reason* scientific and data-scientific
community prefers Python but haven't provided evidence, continuing to
sidestep:

  ● Python's intrinsic support for large numbers

  ● Python's strong typing

  ● Python's I/O support

  ● as Kai mentioned, Python's built-in persistence layer

You might argue that Python's robust scientific library support was
merely a *consequence* of the above advantages, but you can't ignore
these advantages.

If I were a research scientist there's no way I would use JS just
because it had magic whitespace. It's not the tool for the job. JS
doesn't have to worry about being used *literally* everywhere, it
already is used *essentially* everywhere.