Optional Curly Braces in JavaScript

Ed Saleh medozs at outlook.com
Sun Nov 3 19:06:40 UTC 2019

Update to the proposal:

Since we can't make spaces in JavaScript, the best we can do is use |_` instead.

We will also git rid of `:` after statement in the old version as `_` is enough indication and it's more compatible with our current curly braces syntax.

Final result:

```

if (foo==2) _

bar() _

bar2()

```

Which is the same as:

```

if (foo==2)

_ bar();

_ bar2();

```

Basically `_` would allow chaining expressions inside a statement block.

Thank you,