Optional Curly Braces in JavaScript

Jordan Harband ljharb at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 21:47:55 UTC 2019

My preference would be to make them required in the places they're
currently optional :-)

Optional curly braces have led to many bugs, not just in JS (the "goto
fail" SSL bug, for example) - why is this risk worth making it easier to
write code on a whiteboard, where it doesn't need to be valid anyways?