Proposal: syntactic sugar for extracting fields from objects

Bob Myers rtm at gol.com
Wed May 29 18:54:58 UTC 2019

This syntax merely combines and extends two existing notations:

1. Dot notation to access properties, which has been in JS since it was
initially designed, with the RHS extended to permit a *set* of properties
in `{}` in addition to a plain old identifier as at present.
2. Property spread notation (`{...{}}`).