how many async-modules can js-app practically load?

kai zhu kaizhu256 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 06:12:05 UTC 2019

> Asynchronous loading differs only in
> that it takes more code to express the same logic and you have to take
> into account concurrent requests (and you need to cache the request,
> not the result), but it's otherwise the same from 1km away.

so async-loading 50 ```<script type="module">``` tags
has equivalent side-effect
as sync-loading single webpack-rollup (of same 50 modules)?

i have nagging suspicion of doubts.  has anyone tried native async-loading large numbers (>10) of
```<script type="module">``` tags, and verify it resolves identically to using a single webpack-rollup?

again, i'm not that knowledgeable on es-modules, so above question may be trivially true, and i'm just not aware.

-kai