how many async-modules can js-app practically load?

kai zhu kaizhu256 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 03:16:45 UTC 2019

i don't use es-modules.
but with amd/requirejs, I start having trouble with module-initializations
in nodejs/browser at ~5 async modules (that may or may not have
circular-references).  10 would be hard, and 20 would be near inhuman for
me.

can we say its somewhat impractical for most applications to load more than
50 async modules (with some of them having circular-references)?  and
perhaps better design/spec module-loading mechanisms with this usability
concern in mind?

p.s. its also impractical for me to async-load 5 or more modules without
using globalThis to keep track of each module's loading-state.