Proposal: native XML object support.

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Thu May 16 01:17:31 UTC 2019

Fun fact: React elements are plain JS objects that are nearly
JSON-compatible. The only reason why they aren't is because of the presence
of a `$$typeof: Symbol.for("react.element")` property on React elements, to
prevent people from using non-array object results of
`JSON.parse(jsonString)` directly as a child. The rationale for this is
explained in this blog post by React's creator:
https://overreacted.io/why-do-react-elements-have-typeof-property/

I would say that we live in a JSON-centric world for APIs, SGML/XML-centric
for UIs. (I wish XHTML efforts actually stuck, to be honest. `<script
src="..." />` is one reason XML would've been better than SGML IMHO.)

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 01:47 Ed Saleh <medozs at outlook.com> wrote:

> Thanks for reply. Didn't know that it existed before!
> I don't think we can say that we live in a JSON centric world when things
> like React show up and revolutionize web development. I think JSON has its
> uses and XML has its uses. UI shouldn't been ever seperated from controller
> since one can't exist without the other.

-----

Isiah Meadows
contact at isiahmeadows.com
www.isiahmeadows.com