Proposal: native XML object support.

Sanford Whiteman swhitemanlistens-software at figureone.com
Tue May 14 05:56:46 UTC 2019

> I don't think we can say that we live in a JSON centric world

But we do.

It's not that there aren't powerful XML-based applications still being
developed. And XML still buttresses some of the most important
back-end components of the modern (as well as ancient) web.

But surely you cannot have missed the fact that modern API development
has so standardized on JSON that one doesn't even need to mention the
response type anymore!

In any case, if E4X died back when we all used XML all the time, it
seems vanishingly unlikely that it would come back now… but I'm not on
TC39 so this is just my take.

—— S.