Proposal: 1) Number (integer or decimal) to Array 2) Array to Number (integer or decimal)

Steve Fink sphink at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 22:46:05 UTC 2019

Any addition to the JavaScript language needs to (1) be motivated by a
use case encountered by a large number of users, (2) cannot be
implemented in a straightforward and reliable way by a library, (4) is
implementable by a JS implementation without undue trouble, and (4) does
not conflict with other parts of the language.

For your proposal:

(1) - absolute fail
(2) - arguable
(3) - uncertain, depends on exact semantics
(4) - pass

Unless you can somehow prove that a large numbers of users give a rat's
hindquarters about things that this would enable, this is a nonstarter.

It would be useful to have a FAQ somewhere with a version of the above 4
rules that is better worked out and justified, so we could point to
that. (From whatever public-facing forum is selected for the future;
this one is dead.)