how many async-modules can js-app practically load?

kai zhu kaizhu256 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 18:18:47 UTC 2019

@guest271314 <guest271314 at gmail.com>, your example again is not a [native]
bundle of two or more inlined es-modules.  its just a single es-module that
that fetches json data.

i'm asking if its desirable to inline multiple es-modules into a single
file natively, e.g.:

```
/*
 * es-module.rollup.js
 * this [hypothetical] rollup-file contains multiple inlined es-modules
 * to improve load-performance in production-deployment.
 */

// 1. inlined es-module ./main.js
import { foo } from "./counter.js"
import { bar } from "./display.js"
foo(bar);

// 2. inlined es-module ./counter.js
var foo;
foo = function (bar) {
    bar();
};
export { foo }

// 3. inlined es-module ./display.js
var bar;
bar = function () {
    console.log("hello world");
};
export { bar }
```

this native es-module inline-capability may not be desirable to you, which
is fine.  it would be a datapoint against this feature (and rely instead on
pre-emptive import-maps and http2-push, as explained by @frederick and
@isiah).