Better support for testing from engines

Adam Eisenreich akxe at seznam.cz
Tue Jul 2 07:44:52 UTC 2019

Assuming code like this:
```
import { compoteGraph } from './compute-graph';

export function doTheMath() {
  //  Elaborate work to gather parameters for `computeGraph`.

  const param1 = 1;

  const param2 = 'a';

  const param3 = 'A';

  return computeGraph(param1, param2, param3);

}

```

And it's test

```

import { doTheMath } from './do-the-math';

describe(..., () => {

  it(..., () => {

    expect(doTheMath()).toEqual([1, 'a', 'A']);

  });
});

```

If you would like to mock the `computeGraph` to return fixed value, for
example array of parameters, you to my knowledge don't have other way, than
using Jest, that does it by utilizing webpack (and possibli other) in the
middle.

Or am I wrong? Is there a way to mock imported (`computeGraph`) function
from within the test?