PSA: You can find existing proposals at https://github.com/tc39/proposals

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 01:35:50 UTC 2019

Not TC39, so don't read this as official communication.

I've lately been seeing the occasional suggestion that's already been
considered by TC39 and accepted, so I just wanted to give a public
service announcement that you can find all the various existing
proposals TC39 has considered (Stage 1-4), as well as many conceptual
proposals that members have created and championed but haven't yet
brought before the committee (Stage 0), here:
https://github.com/tc39/proposals

That repository includes a few interesting things proposed in the last
few months on this list, such as:

- Upgraded `switch`: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-pattern-matching
- Stack trace analysis: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-error-stacks
- Placeholder syntax: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-partial-application
- Python `with` syntax: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-using-statement

So before you propose something, please check there first. You might
find it's already being considered, and if your proposal would differ
significantly from theirs and you feel yours is better, it's best to
give feedback in that proposal's repo, so it's more likely to get
noticed and heard by the appropriate audience.

-----

Isiah Meadows
contact at isiahmeadows.com
www.isiahmeadows.com