A way to fire logic at the end of completion of the current class method (regardless of super call order).

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 22:56:31 UTC 2019

I presume you've *never* written non-trivial server-side logic in
Node. I find myself using classes *far* more often in Node than in the
browser simply because it's more than just passing strings and object
bags around. You've got caching, process management, and even
sometimes task queues. The traditional MVC architecture doesn't need
classes to implement in Node (and the corresponding idioms don't use
them, either), but it's all the machinery around it that result in all
the server-side classes.

Also, I'd like to note a few things:

- Some functional languages, notably OCaml, support classes with
classical inheritance. Inheritance *does* actually help from time to
time.
- JS is not opinionated on the matter - it supports both styles. In
fact, it lacks some of the utilities for pure POJO passing and
manipulation, while classes are mostly complete. In reality, it's
slightly biased *in favor* of classes, something several people have
been complaining about (me included).
- I'm *very* well used to passing POJOs around to static functions -
it's called functional programming.