Modulo Operator %%

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 23:18:52 UTC 2019

For syntactic precedent, CoffeeScript and R both have `%%` for a
modulus returning the sign of the divisor, where `a %% b` is
equivalent to `(a % b + b) % b`. So JS wouldn't be the first here.

Most languages Wikipedia lists in their comparison
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulo_operation) use a function for
this kind of modulus operation, not an operator. That itself seems
worth noting.

-----

Isiah Meadows
contact at isiahmeadows.com