Shared memory sync/update question

T.J. Crowder tj.crowder at farsightsoftware.com
Mon Sep 24 08:45:13 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:42 AM kai zhu
<kaizhu256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi T.J., i'm not a sql-expert, but the big-picture ux-problem you have
> with memory-consistency might be solved by ...

Thanks, but this isn't a UX or SQL issue; my goal here is to develop a
solid understanding of the JavaScript memory model in regards multiple
threads and shared memory. In particular, whether there is a per-thread CPU
or VM caching issue and, if so, what to do to ensure correctness (other
than using `Atomics.load` for each and every read, which would be silly and
-- from Lars T. Hansen's Mandlebrot example -- clearly isn't necessary). I
have a good understanding of these issues in other environments and want to
bring my understanding of them in the JS environment up-to-scratch.

-- T.J. Crowder