Enhancement of RegExp replacement

sion shanyy163 at 163.com
Fri Sep 7 14:48:44 UTC 2018

This is just a very simple example, of cause you could write it like that.

Maybe my second example is unsuitable, how about this one:

input.replace(/your \w+ from \w+/, a => a.toUpperCase(), b => b.toLowerCase());

INPUT: your friend from USA  OUTPUT: your FRIEND from usa

Actually, I am not very familiar with regex, I wonder if there is any performance issue if we support this kind of feature.