Array.prototype.remove(item)

kai zhu kaizhu256 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:34:22 UTC 2018

> Not every object in JS is intended to travel between client and server, or to be stored in JSON. And if/when the class want to share some information, it can easily translate its data to and from a JSON-friendly format.

hi Claude, agree to disagree.  its impossible to predict/design what should and shouldn’t travel between client <-> server in javascript product-development.

the best you can do as an “architect” is to accept that *anything* of-consequence in javascript will eventually need to "leak" itself to the "client <-> server <-> db JSON/urlstring dance", over the normal-flow of UX-features getting added to a product;  and that much of the tech-debt in these projects arise from needless class constructor/serialization hacks to make that dance happen, when it wasn’t expected (and could’ve been avoided by sticking with plain JSON data-structures).

even in esoteric, seemingly non-web-related cases like using duktape in c++:  why would anyone want to have embedded js-capability in such scenario?  the only use-case that comes to mind is for manipulating JSON data-structures, and again, passing plain JSON-data between "c++ program" <-> “external web-system"

kai zhu
kaizhu256 at gmail.com