weakref proposal update

Dean Tribble tribble at e-dean.com
Mon Mar 19 17:21:55 UTC 2018

A first round of spec-text is now pushed for the new APIs at
https://github.com/tc39/proposal-weakrefs/blob/master/specs/spec.md.

A note on the API change in the last presentation: it looks larger than it
appears.

1) Some of WeakRef was pushed in to a new parent, "WeakCell", so that it
could better support long terms in wasm, and because there's now two types,
2) WeakRefGroup was renamed to WeakFactory.

WeakRef is unchanged (and creation still preserves the Target until the end
of turn). The new "WeakCell" is for finalization only, so it doesn't have a
deref() *and* creation does not strongly preserve the Target until the end
of the turn.