Native Tensor support

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at mit.edu
Sun Jan 28 03:54:14 UTC 2018

On 1/27/18 1:42 PM, Isiah Meadows wrote:
> That is true, but script elements generated via the DOM are not inline
> script elements

Just to make sure we're on the same page:

   var script = document.createElement("script");
   script.textContent = 'console.log("script running")';
   console.log("before");
   document.body.appendChild(script);
   console.log("after");

That is an inline script, it's generated via the DOM, and it runs sync
before the appendChild call returns, as you can see by the order of
messages in your console.

> and they can't tell the browsers to *not*
> schedule an async task for things the spec requires them to.

In my example there, the spec requires browsers to run the script sync.
There's no "HTML semantics" involved, if you mean parser behavior by
that; just DOM manipulation.

-Boris