Do-Expressions Proposal Stalled?

T.J. Crowder tj.crowder at farsightsoftware.com
Thu Jan 18 12:42:50 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:39 PM, Michael Rosefield <rosyatrandom at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Perhaps we could use `do` in front of any statement to make it
> treatable as an expression; we could have pure `do`, `do while`
> (as distinguished from `do-while`...), `do switch`, `do for`....

I believe the proposal does that (or will do if it's fleshed out) and that
`do { ... }` is just a ramification of that when you use a block with it
rather than another statement. At least, that's my read of the code shown
in the Further Considerations and unresolved parsing question.

There's just too much left unsaid so far (in the proposal itself) to be
sure, though.

-- T.J. Crowder