Do-Expressions Proposal Stalled?

Naveen Chawla naveen.chwl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 08:23:26 UTC 2018

Also, I don't find it very readable/clear when reading it in code. Maybe
I'm missing the whole point, but the comma operator forces you to wrap each
non-expression language construct (e.g. for loops) into a function, which
makes the expression itself clearer (in my opinion) than a do-expression.

Also, it's very easy to accidentally add code after the last statement,
breaking the code and hence causing bugs!
This is not as much the case with the comma operator, since you have to add
a comma, which is not "normal" in ordinary function code vs a semicolon)

Altogether, I'd be happier if it wasn't introduced.