Proposal: Optional Static Typing (Part 3)

Pier Bover pierbover11 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 15:06:12 UTC 2018

> One other benefit -- if I decide to shift my code back to C++ and do web
assembly (waiting for the tools to mature and become more turn-key) this
makes it much easier to translate code, either way.

I think this is what a lot of people in the front end space are going to do
once WA is widespread and has access to the DOM and browser functions.
Probably not C++ but any other language they prefer (C#, Go, Rust, Crystal,
Haxe, etc).

In our team we are replacing Node for Go and the lack of types is a big
reason for that. Sure we could use TypeScript or Flow but why add more
acrobatics to an already complicated show?