Proposal: Alternative public, private, static syntax and questions

Naveen Chawla naveen.chwl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 04:35:14 UTC 2018

Definitely TypeScript's system is better than the proposal. I often
publicize private variables and privatize public variables (In other
languages). The # scheme increases the effort to do so and increases the
chances of bugs being introduced in doing so. This is why I oppose the #
scheme.

I also don't accept the premises given in the justification, based on the
very fact that changing the access status of a variable would make it clash
with another variable, if this.x and this.#x were both allowed: I don't
accept therefore that allowing this would be desirable let alone necessary.