Partial regexp matching

Mike Samuel mikesamuel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 21:19:55 UTC 2018

So you want an API that can indicate "might match if there were more input"?

Is it ok if it is conservative?  I.e. it won't incorrectly say "definitely
wouldn't match given more input" but could tolerate errors the other way?

For example, /^food(?!)/ would have to say no for "foop" but we might
tolerate a maybe for "foo".