Partial regexp matching

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 13:12:15 UTC 2018

I've been working on a test framework, and I'd love to implement
support for matching tests via regexp-based selectors. It's basically
impossible without the ability to execute a regular expression and
test if it matched positively, negatively, or incompletely.

- If the regexp does not have an end marker, this, of course, can't
generate a *negative* match, only positive/incomplete ones.
- If the regexp *does* have an end marker, this is where I actually
need native support. (This is especially true if group references get
involved.)

Any chance this could get added?

-----

Isiah Meadows