Proposal to add keyword "nowait"

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 05:59:31 UTC 2018

Yeah, and given it's the default, I'm not persuaded of the benefit to be
gained here.

(Most feature requests like these in my experience come from such users who
use `async`/`await` without learning promises first. Without that
knowledge, people typically don't get that it's merely syntax sugar for the
common case, and they rarely understand that `async`/`await` is not
obligatory to use async functions. When users realize that, this really
does begin to seem superfluous, since the absence of a keyword or
`.then`/`.catch` implies you're not awaiting.)