Consider date formatting

Isiah Meadows isiahmeadows at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 13:14:44 UTC 2017

I wouldn't quite call Moment and similar "de facto standards", especially
not to the degree of something like Underscore/Lodash or Promises/A+
(especially Bluebird), which resulted in numerous obvious additions to the
spec - ES5 function and array methods are nearly a clone of those in
Underscore, and ES6 promises are a mix of RSVP.js and Bluebird (with
implementations initially adapted from the latter). Async functions came
after promise users immediately jumped all over `co` and later, Bluebird's
`Promise.fromCoroutine`, in both Node and the browser.

As for existing work on dates (we all know they're broken), check out this
proposal, currently stage 1: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-temporal. (It
currently has no date parsing facilities, but ISO 8601 support is being
considered.)