Make comma at the end of line optional

dante federici c.dante.federici at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 20:09:08 UTC 2017

I mean, it's the general case of the "get" and "set" when defining a method:
https://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0/#sec-method-definitions-runtime-semantics-propertydefinitionevaluation

That being said, there's a lot of "you just shouldn't do that" in
javascript. Looking at you, `undefined` not being a reserved word.

Syntax aside, a question that hasn't been sufficiently answered is what
value does this actually add other than "I don't want to type ,"? Arguments
for "easier to read code" I would absolutely disagree with, since it may be
easier for one person, but not another. Giving a "line break matters" is a
terrible answer, since that would break a ton of backwards compatibility.