Make comma at the end of line optional

Jeremy Martin jmar777 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:32:28 UTC 2017

  const object = {
    get // not a complete declaration statement - so no implicit comma here
    y: 2 // continuation of a previous line
  }

The `get` declaration actually *is* a valid declaration (see shorthand
property names here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/Object_initializer#New_notations_in_ECMAScript_2015
).

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Алексей <agat00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, but I don't see any problems with example you provide:
>
> const object = {
>   get // not a complete declaration statement - so no implicit comma here
>   y: 2 // continuation of a previous line
>
>   z: x // complete declaration statement and next line is not an operator
> - implicit comma here
>   in: "foo"
> }

>> There are [no LineTerminator here] rules in the ES grammar, in order to
>> prevent the most pernicious trap when using ASI:
>>
>> ```
>> return // implicit semicolon here
>> a = b
>> ```
>>
>> Those [no LineTerminator here] rules have not been included in constructs
>> that don’t need them. As a result:
>>
>> ```
>> const object = {
>>     get // no implicit comma here