State of Decorators

Matthew Robb matthewwrobb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 18:28:38 UTC 2017

Hello all!

Today it struck me that the usefulness and prevalence of Decorators in my
React applications has been actively climbing and this feels to be at odds
with the rate of progression within the committee. To me it is quickly
rising as the most influential feature to the way I write code. At the end
of the day my code is considerably cleaner, more declarative, and more
composable.

I am curious as to why this feature is not one of the top discussed or
actively developed proposals in the pipeline? In the current form it's
already proving to be so useful and would be more so if it were supported
in more places (e.g. on functions or plain object properties).

Any insight into this would be great, thank you!