Filtered Promise#catch

T.J. Crowder tj.crowder at farsightsoftware.com
Wed Oct 11 12:41:02 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Michał Wadas <michalwadas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't get why argument "it's easy to implement in user land" is raised.
> (etc)

Indeed (with the exception of promises, which couldn't be properly
implemented in userland without environment-specific facilities for doing
something asynchronously).

Which brings us back to
https://esdiscuss.org/topic/guidelines-and-general-direction-for-standard-library-proposals
(esdiscuss.org likes to munge that link; here's a smaller version:
http://tinyurl.com/ydyu9xtt): Until or unless TC39 thrash out a consensus
(I'm told there is none at present) about whether a robust or minimal
standard library is the direction to go in future, additions to it will
tend to be fairly arbitrary, which isn't a great place to be.

-- T.J. Crowder