Suggestion: Proxy.[[GetOwnProperty]] caching non-configurable, non-writable data descriptors?

Oriol _ oriol-bugzilla at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:50:10 UTC 2017

Instead of storing the properties in a map, I think you could first call [[GetOwnProperty]] on the target, and if it's not configurable nor writable, return the same descriptor without calling the proxy trap.

However, I disagree with this kind of things. Proxy traps are not only useful because of the value they return, they can also have desirable side-effects.

--Oriol