Shorthand for "function" keyword

T.J. Crowder tj.crowder at farsightsoftware.com
Sun Nov 12 09:11:58 UTC 2017

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Naveen Chawla
<naveen.chwl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Who uses functions instead of arrow functions and methods these
> days, anyway? (I know, people who haven't adopted ES2015+)

Laurentiu's been fairly clear about his/her use case: Named inline
callbacks. I don't think he/she cares whether the functions are arrow
functions, so long as they have names. (Laurentiu, correct me if I'm wrong
there.) Right now, if you want to pass a *named* inline callback to
something, the simplest way is to use the `function` keyword.

(I don't agree with the suggestion, but he/she's been clear about it.)

-- T.J. Crowder